Part 1 - Registration
1) The hunt is for teams of four members. If you do not have enough to form a team, or have other friends who are very keen to take part but are really unable to form another team, please contact us for assistance on forming joint teams.
2) The full names and email addresses of each team member must be submitted when registering the team.
3) Registration fees are non-refundable once the team registration has been confirmed.
4) By registering for the puzzle hunt, all participants agree to abide by its rules, receive hunt-related communications on their registered email addresses, and to fully responsible for their own safety and that of their belongings during the puzzle hunt.
5) Registered teams may change their details or team members by emailing to inform the organisers in advance.
Part 2 - General
1) During the puzzle hunt, teams will be provided with a discussion room/area (with a table, four chairs and a power socket) where they can work on their puzzles. Wireless internet connectivity will be available, but organisers are not held responsible for the stability and speed of the connection.
2) The hunt kicks off at 12.00pm. At 12.17pm, each team will be given an identical puzzle pack with all the puzzles to be solved. Around 5:30pm, the hunt will end and the hunt wrap-up presentation for teams will begin, ending by about 6.00pm. Teams which complete the hunt before the time limit are encouraged to stay for the wrap-up!
3) Teams may use any resources and references, printed or online, during the hunt.
3) During the hunt, team members may step out of the hunt venue as they wish, and are encouraged to interact with other teams. However, teams must work independently and not share puzzle information with other teams. Teams can obtain referential help on individual puzzles from others not involved in the hunt, but the external parties must not be active solvers or shadow members of the team.
4) Any team deemed by organisers to be engaging in misconduct, unsporting behaviour or abuse of the competition will be disqualified and ejected from the hunt venue immediately. This includes, but is not limited to: cheating, spying on other teams, interfering with another team's progress, soliciting and/or stealing answers and intentionally sabotaging any aspect of the puzzle hunt. If the legitimacy of any answer is in doubt, the organisers reserve the right to ask a team how they approached and solved the puzzle.
5) The decisions of the organisers on all matters regarding eligibility and disqualification are final and no correspondence will be entertained.
If you have any questions, get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org